AZ DUI Law, Felony DUI Penalties
“The cost of retaining a good Chandler DUI defense lawyer is far less a price, than fines, fees, costs, and your freedom, if convicted of Felony DUI Charges in Chandler.”
If you were arrested for felony DUI charges in Chandler, AZ you should obtain a free consultation with a Chandler DUI lawyer as soon as possible. A felony DUI conviction in Chandler will expose you to severe penalties. You will need a qualified Chandler DUI attorney to defend your Felony DUI charges if you wish to have any chance at getting a good outcome in your case.
Felony DUI – Arizona Laws:
There are three aggravating factors that will cause a Chandler Misdemeanor DUI to escalate to a Felony DUI charge. “Felony DUI” charges are also known as “Aggravated DUI charges”:
1) A.R.S. §28-1383(A) (1): (Paraphrased) DUI arrest while you driving on a suspended, restricted or revoked driver’s license – Class 3 Felony
2) A.R.S. §28-1383(A) (2): (Paraphrased) You just received a new DUI charge and it is your third DUI in 7 years and you were convicted of at least two of them within the last 7 years. – Class 3 felony
3) A.R.S. §28-1383(A) (3): (Paraphrased) You were charged with DUI DWI and a child under 15 years of age was a passenger in the vehicle – Class 6 Felony
DUI Penalties – Felony DUI Sentencing Guidelines in Arizona
A Felony DUI conviction for Chandler DUI charges exposes you to mandatory AZ DUI sentencing guidelines. The mandatory DUI penalties under Arizona Law include, but are not limited to the following:
• Jail Sentences that range from 1 day to 1 year;
• Incarceration in Prison from 4 months to 2 ½ years;
• Revocation of your drivers license for 3 years;
• Ignition Interlock Device (at your expense;)
• Fines of Up to $150,000 plus 80% surcharge;
• $1500 prison assessment;
• $250 abatement fees;
• Probation fees;
• Costs for Drug or Alcohol Treatment Screening;
• Costs for Drug or Alcohol Counseling or Treatment Program;
• Supervised probation;
• Felony criminal record
Felony DUI Penalties for Chandler DUI sentencing for convictions may be “aggravated” or “mitigated”. Aggravated factors are those that support the prosecution and warrant more serious DUI penalties. Mitigating factors are circumstances or evidence that support your DUI defense and warrant less serious penalties.
Chandler DUI Lawyer – Felony DUI Defense Chandler AZ
Without compelling arguments presented or motions filed by your DUI Defense Lawyer, the judge or prosecution will not generally offer mitigated sentencing. An experienced Chandler DUI Attorney will know what to look for and obtain evidence needed to argue for a mitigated sentence if you are convicted of a felony DUI charge.
Some Defendants do not realize that a Felony DUI charges is not a conviction. They think since they were arrested, they must be guilty. But an experienced Chandler DUI lawyer or good AZ criminal defense lawyer will advise you that almost any Chandler Felony DUI charge can be challenged, regardless of the classification. Proven Chandler DUI lawyers are often able to get evidence dismissed; charges reduced, or ultimately get the felony DUI completely dismissed. But rarely if ever does this happen without qualified legal representation and defense from a private practice AZ DUI Attorney or Criminal Defense Lawyer in Arizona.