AZ Felony Mandatory Sentencing Guidelines
Despite Arizona’s “Mandatory Sentencing” laws and guidelines for certain felonies a good AZ criminal defense lawyer may still be able to get your felony charges partially or completely dismissed. In alternative they may be able to fight for a reduction in charges to a “Standard Felony” or even a misdemeanor. This reduction in charges means you would avoid prison; thus allowing you to be eligible for probation instead.
Scottsdale AZ Felony Charges
If you are facing felony charges in Scottsdale AZ. you should do whatever it takes to hire the best Scottsdale criminal defense lawyer possible to defend you. Being charged with a felony does not make you “guilty”. By law you are entitled to a defense. Your best chance at a good outcome is to use a private practice AZ criminal defense attorney who defends Scottsdale felonies on a regular basis.
Felony Penalties for Scottsdale Felony Convictions
Arizona has some of the toughest punishments for felony convictions in the country. Because of these harsh penalties, usually most people have too much to lose to accept a conviction. This particularly the case if you felony conviction falls within the category of Arizona’s “Mandatory Sentencing Laws”. This is why it is so important to hire a good Scottsdale criminal defense attorney.
Such felony conviction penalties under “Mandatory Sentencing Laws” make you ineligible for probation. If convicted, you will be exposed to long prison terms within a certain range for the crime; exorbitant fines; probation with interlock monitoring device (ankle bracelets); and a felony criminal record that will following with adverse impacts on your life for many years. The Arizona judge also has authority to order more severe punishments depending on the circumstances surrounding the felony charges.
Types of Felonies That Subject to AZ “Mandatory Sentencing Laws”
In the state of Arizona, certain felony charges are subject to Arizona’s Mandatory Sentencing Laws referred to under A.R.S. 13-601 and A.R.S. 13-701. These charges including, but are not limited to the following:
1) Dangerous, violent crimes;
2) Sex crimes and assault;
3) Assaults involving use of a deadly weapon;
4) Assault and battery with a weapon;
5) Armed robbery; or repeat offenses;
Defense Lawyers in Scottsdale AZ for Felony Criminal Charges
It is critical for you to hire the best criminal defense or felony DUI lawyer possible; preferably an experienced litigator, with a proven successful defense record. There are two primary opportunities that top Scottsdale Defense Lawyers will use to achieve the best outcome of getting an acquittal, charges dismissed, or sentencing reduced.
1) The Defense Stage: Gathering Evidence, filing early procedure motions, participating in conferences and hearings, hiring experts, having DUI chemical evidence retested, challenging weak evidence, looking for reasons to get flawed evidence suppressed; deciding on a winning defense strategy based on the facts.
2) The Sentencing Stage: If there is no chance of getting the charges dismissed based on the strength of the prosecutions evidence, then your defense attorney will shift to the next stage which is sentencing. Your Scottsdale criminal lawyer will present mitigating factors (facts that are in your favor), exculpatory evidence, and reasons why you deserve a lesser charge or reduced sentence.
If you have been arrested for DUI or any criminal charges either Misdemeanor or Felony in Maricopa County contact the Law Office of James Novak, for your Free Consultation at (480) 413-1499. Speak directly with experienced Arizona criminal Defense and DUI Defense Attorney and James Novak (Former Prosecutor). Also visit www.arizonacrimialdefenselawyer.com for helpful DUI and criminal defense information.
The Law Office of James Novak is devoted to defending DUI, Drug & criminal charges in Arizona, valley wide within the Greater Phoenix, Maricopa County cities including Phoenix, Chandler, Tempe, Gilbert, Mesa, Scottsdale Phoenix Metro, and central Phoenix and Phoenix East Valley cities in Maricopa Count.