How to Find best Scottsdale DUI lawyer to Defend Your Case
“Your decision could mean the difference between a criminal conviction and a dismissal of your charges.”
Scottsdale AZ DUI charges are very serious offenses. The DUI laws in Arizona are extremely strict and harsh. Even a first time misdemeanor DUI conviction will cost you your freedom with jail time. You will need to hire an experienced and well qualified criminal defense or DUI defense attorney to defend you.
Here are some basic sources to start with and added tips to help you find the best attorney to defend you in Scottsdale court:
1) Search the internet. You can find just about anything you need and eaily get information about an attorney from their websites, review sites, and other sources on the web. .
2) Get a referral from a trusted family member, friend or neighbor
3) Check on line directory listings for Attorneys
4) Contact the Maricopa County Bar Association
5) Look for Attorneys who are licensed to practice in the State of Arizona and who defends Scottsdale DUI charges in the jurisdiction or municipality you where you were charged. Note, it does not matter where you reside, you need a defense attorney in the city, jurisdiction, county or state in which you were charged. In this case you would want a DUI or criminal Attorney who defends cases often in Scottsdale Court.
6) Once you find several attorneys you feel are qualified, contact them for a free consultation.
7) During your consultation, explain your charges and discuss your defense options and their fees.
8) During your consultation ask all the questions you can, to fill the voids you may not have learned on their website or through other services.
9) Compare fees of the attorneys you speak with. But use caution with how much weight you put on this. The most expensive attorneys many not provide you with the best defense. The least expensive attorneys many be some of the best DUI and criminal defense attorneys in the state of Arizona.
10) Comfort level and communication. You must feel comfortable and confident with your choice. If you feel they will not be accessible or have reservations about whether they will provide you with the best defense possible, then you should move on to consult another until you do.
Hiring a DUI or criminal defense attorney for your Scottsdale DUI charges is a big decision, not to be taken lightly. Your decision may mean the difference between a criminal conviction and a dismissal of your charges.
If you have been arrested for DUI or criminal charges in Maricopa County contact the Law Office of James Novak, for your Free Consultation at (480) 413-1499. Speak directly with experienced Arizona criminal Defense and DUI Defense Attorney and James Novak (Former Prosecutor). Also visit www.arizonacrimialdefenselawyer.com for helpful DUI and criminal defense information.
The Law Office of James Novak is devoted to defending DUI, Drug & criminal charges in Arizona, valley wide within the Greater Phoenix, Maricopa County area including the cities of Chandler, Scottsdale, Phoenix, Mesa, Gilbert and Tempe Arizona, Phoenix Metro, and Phoenix East Valley Arizona.