Article by: James Novak, Phoenix DUI and Criminal Defense Attorney
The Arizona Department of Health Services issued an announcement on Friday December 10, 2010 that they are on track for implementation of the AZ Medical Marijuana Act. According to Will Humble, ADHS Director, an informal draft of the Administrative Code will be released Friday, December 17, 2010.
Below are some additional key developments announced by ADHS Director:
• Key elements of the implementation are being coordinated with the Rules Team.
• Internal rule indexing is in progress.
• The Medical Officers team will be reviewing the draft rules next Wednesday, December 15, 2010.
• The ADHS Director will then review the Medical Officers recommendations and complete the informal draft Rule.
• Work is in progress for the qualified patient and caregiver electronic applications.
• On Friday December 17, 2010 the new website will be posted and include Question and Answers for the general public to view.
• An electronic tool will be available to solicit comments from the public from December 17, 2010 through January 7, 2011.
• A media press release will be issued Friday December 17, 2010 with information on the status.
If you have been arrested in Maricopa County for AZ DUI other criminal charges contact the Law Office of James Novak, for your Free Consultation at (480) 413-1499. Speak directly with experienced Arizona criminal Defense and DUI Defense Attorney and James Novak (Former Prosecutor). The Law Office of James Novak is devoted 100% to defending DUI, Drug & criminal charges in valley wide within Maricopa County including Phoenix, Mesa, Tempe, Scottsdale, Chandler, Tempe, Gilbert Arizona, East Valley, AZ and surrounding cities of Phoenix metro area.
This news article is intended to provide general information only, to generate discussion, and increase awareness of a particular topic. It is not intended as specific legal advice. You should not rely upon this information alone, but should consult legal counsel regarding the application of the laws and regulations discussed and as applied to your specific case or circumstances.