“Felony DUI Attorneys must be extremely knowledgeable as to the Felony DUI laws and what defenses can be utilized the most effectively based on your circumstances in an effort to get the ultimate best outcome in your case for your Felony DUI charges in Mesa AZ.”
A Mesa “Felony DUI” is also known as “Aggravated DUI”. If you’ve been arrested or face Felony DUI (Driving under the Influence) charges in Mesa, AZ the best advice you can get now is to consult a good Arizona Criminal Defense Attorney or Felony DUI Defense Attorney who defends cases frequently in Mesa Municipal Court. All DUI charges are serious. But Felony DUI convictions are even more serious, and can have long lasting adverse impacts that follow you for life.
A Mesa Misdemeanor DUI is elevated to a Felony DUI under the following circumstances (paraphrased from A.R.S. 28-1383) :
• DUI charges involving an auto accident that results in bodily injury or significant harm to another person.
• DUI manslaughter – When the DUI and Auto accident results in a fatality of another person.
• Your third DUI conviction within 7 years
• DUI while you are driving with suspended or revoked driver’s license
• Driving impaired under the influence of alcohol or drug, with a minor, in Arizona (that is age 15 or under) in the vehicle.
Mesa Felony DUI Penalties, Arizona Law- Arizona Revised Statutes
Mesa AZ Felony DUI Penalties are cited under Aggravated DUI A.R.S. 28-1383 and A.R.S. § 28-1383, up to 10 years. A.R.S. §13-902(B):
• Four months in Jail or Prison, if you have no prior criminal record or felony convictions. If serious injury or a fatality has occurred, this sentencing will be significantly harsher for a felony DUI conviction.
• Up to $150,000 plus 80% surcharge
• $1500 prison assessment
• Abatement fees
• Evaluation Costs
• Drug or Alcohol Treatment & Counseling Costs
• Probation and associated fees
• Driving Privileges may be revoked for up to 3 years
• Court ordered Ignition Interlock Device added to your vehicle at your expense.
DUI and Felony DUI laws are constantly changing. Because the laws and penalties are constantly changing, it is important to hire an experienced, highly qualified Arizona Criminal or AZ DUI defense Lawyer who defends DUI charges often in Mesa Municipal Court. Your criminal defense attorney must be well versed on the Arizona laws, Mesa Courts, Protocol, your constitutional rights; But most importantly, Felony DUI Attorneys must be extremely knowledgeable as felony DUI laws and what defenses can be utilized the most effectively based on your circumstances in an effort to get the ultimate best outcome in your case for your Felony DUI charges in Mesa, AZ.
Many winning defense strategies are outlined in the Arizona DUI Winning Defense Strategies Book Series © which includes “101 Arizona DUI Winning Defenses” © written by experienced DUI Defense Attorney and prolific Arizona DUI defenses Author, James Novak. The Attorney you choose to defend your Felony DUI in Arizona may mean the difference between getting a conviction and getting your charges dismissed. It may be the one of the most important decisions you make in a lifetime.
If you have been charged with any Arizona DUI, Extreme DUI, Repeat Offense DUI, Under age 21 DUI, DUI with child under 15 in vehicle, Aggravated Felony DUI, Drug, Felony Drug, Dangerous Drug, Narcotics, Marijuana, any Arizona DUI, Arizona Drug DUI, or any other criminal charge including theft, assault, aggravated assault, domestic violence, drugs crimes, probation violations, robbery, computer crimes, ID theft crimes, or any other criminal charges contact the Law Office of James Novak, for your Free Consultation at (480) 413-1499. Speak directly with experienced Arizona criminal Defense and DUI Defense Attorney and James Novak (Former Prosecutor).
The Law Office of James Novak is devoted to handling 100% DUI, Drug & criminal cases in Mesa, Tempe, Scottsdale, Chandler, Gilbert, Phoenix Arizona and surrounding areas in Maricopa County valley-wide.
This post was intended to provide general information only and is not intended as specific legal advice. You should not rely upon this information alone, but should consult legal counsel regarding the application of the laws and regulations discussed and as applied to your specific case or circumstance.