Assault Defense Gilbert, AZ
“Once the Gilbert police have decided to arrest you for assault charges, you should exercise your constitutional rights to remain silent and retain a criminal defense or assault defense lawyer to defend your assault charges in Gilbert, AZ.”
Assault charges in Gilbert AZ are serious. You should consult a qualified criminal attorney who defends assault charges on a regular basis in Gilbert, AZ in the criminal justice system. The best assault defense lawyers and criminal defense attorneys who defend cases in Gilbert AZ offer free consultations for assault charges if you have been arrested for a Gilbert Assault or charged with any type of assault in Gilbert AZ.
Assault Charges in Gilbert are governed for the rules of Arizona State Laws. Arizona law separates assault charges into two main categories:
1) Misdemeanor assault; Arizona Criminal code A.R.S. 13-1203
2) Felony Assault or “aggravated assault; Arizona Criminal code A.R.S. 13-1204
Both involve harm or intent to harm another or others, and are viewed as serious offenses with harsh penalties in Arizona. For these reasons it is highly recommended that you consult criminal defense lawyer who defends assaults in Gilbert Court frequently to discuss your charges, potential penalties, and defense options for your Gilbert assault charges.
Misdemeanor Assault Laws in Gilbert AZ:
A misdemeanor assault in Gilbert includes but is not limited to the following:
1) Intent to harm or subject a another person to fear of being harmed;
2) It may include actual physical injury or contact with intent of causing physical injury;
4) Causing another person to reasonably feel that physical injury in imminent.
The Arizona prosecution bears the burden of proving that the defendant’s actions involved “intent” and knowledge and were purposeful. Misdemeanor assault penalties in Gilbert AZ carry up to one year in prison, fines of up to $2,500, fees, and restitution to the victim including payment of medical bills if applicable.
Felony Assault or Aggravated Assault Gilbert AZ:
Felony or aggravated assaults in Gilbert, AZ, are far more serious than misdemeanor assaults. Other aggravating factors exist that may elevate a misdemeanor assault to “aggravated” or “felony” assault charges. Here are some examples of aggravating factors. This list is not all inclusive of those circumstances:
1) Causing “serious physical injury” to another person, that creates a reasonable risk of death;
2) Use of a deadly weapon;
3) Assault while a victim is being held against their will, restrained or is for some reason unable to resist;
4) Assault that causes substantial disfigurement or impairment, temporary or permanent;
5) Someone commits assault while violating a valid order of protection or restraining order;
6) A person takes or attempts to gain control of a police officer’s firearm or other weapon;
7) An Arizona assault against a police officer, firefighter, EMT, paramedic, teacher, school employee, or licensed health care professional, engaged in their official duties, or against a prosecutor;
8) An Arizona assault of a person who is eighteen years of age or older and the victim is fifteen years of age or younger.
Assault Charges Defense Lawyer Gilbert, AZ
If convicted, Felony Assault or Aggravated Assault Penalties can include lengthy jail or prison sentences; felony criminal records that will follow you for a lifetime, exorbitant fines, fees, court ordered counseling programs, restitution to the victim. Indirect impacts of a conviction on your life include loss of freedom, adverse effects on your job and future job opportunities, negative impacts on your ability to get credit or loans in the future and any other punishments the Gilbert court determines is necessary and appropriate.
You should resist the temptation to “tell your side of the story”. Once the Gilbert police have decided to arrest you for assault charges, you should exercise your constitutional rights to remain silent and retain a criminal defense or assault defense lawyer to defend your assault charges in Gilbert, AZ. You may unknowingly and unintentionally harm your case. Instead contact a good criminal defense attorney or assault defense lawyer defends assault charges frequently in Gilbert Courts. They will be your voice, tell your side of the story and present compelling arguments in your defense, through the proper legal channels. This includes attempting to get evidence suppressed, negotiating with the prosecution, filing the proper motions, fighting for your at hearings and trial if necessary. They will make every effort to get your charges dismissed, reduced to lesser charges, suppress evidence against you and try to get the best possible outcome in your case.
For more criminal defense or DUI defense tips, free videos, and free dui defense books, visit http://www.arizonacriminaldefenselawyer.com
If you have been arrested for any Scottsdale Arizona DUI other criminal charge contact the Law Office of James Novak, for your Free Consultation at 480) 413-1499. Speak directly with experienced Arizona criminal Defense and DUI Defense Attorney and James Novak (Former Prosecutor). The Law Office of James Novak is devoted to defending 100% DUI, Drug & criminal charges in Scottsdale, AZ and within Maricopa County valley-wide.
This post was intended to provide general information only and is not intended as specific legal advice. You should not rely upon this information alone, but should consult legal counsel regarding the application of the laws and regulations discussed and as applied to your specific case or circumstances.