Penalties for Marijuana Sales
Scottsdale, AZ Criminal Defense
If you were arrested in Scottsdale, AZ are face Marijuana (also called Pot, Cannabis, or Weed) sales charges in Scottsdale, you should not delay in contacting a Scottsdale Marijuana lawyer or criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. Convictions carry
very severe penalties. Arizona takes Sales of Marijuana charges very seriously and it shows in sentencing. The harshest of all penalties are for Marijuana Production, Manufacturing, Distributing, or Sales in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The Law Office of James Novak is devoted to handling 100% DUI, Drug & criminal cases in, Tempe, Chandler, Scottsdale, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Scottsdale Arizona and surrounding areas valley-wide within Maricopa County, Arizona.
AZ Marijuana Charges fall under the authority of Arizona Criminal Code 13 which describes Marijuana law as found in “A.R.S. 13-3405. Possession, use, production, sale or transportation of marijuana; classification”.
Sale of Marijuana Classifications
• Under 2 lbs = Class 4 felony;
• between 2-4 lbs = Class 3 felony;
• over 4 lbs= Class 2 felony:
• less than 2 lbs= Class 5 felony;
• between 2-4 lbs = Class 4 felony;
• Over 4 lbs= Class 3 felony;
• Transporting/importing: less than 2 lbs = Class 3 felony; Over 2 lbs.: Class 2 felony
Factors that determine the severity of Marijuana Penalties
• Quantity of Marijuana found for sale or intent to sell.
• Prior criminal record
• Prior Marijuana convictions
• Strength of evidence of the prosecution holds against you.
Penalties for Marijuana Sales:
1. Sentencing starts as 1 ½ to 3 years in Jail with fines that range from $750.00 o $150,000.00 for less than 2 lbs for sales conviction
2. Next, s 2 lb to 4 lbs. with sentencing for conviction subject to 2 ½ to 7 years of jail time and fines ranging from $750-$150,000.00 for Marijuana sales.
3. For anything over 4 lbs., conviction include 4 to 10 years of jail and fines ranging from $750-$150,000.00 for Marijuana sales.
What an Experienced Scottsdale Marijuana Defense Attorney can do to defend you
It is too risky to go unrepresented by a good Scottsdale AZ Marijuana sales defense Attorney. There is too much to lose to attempt to go at it alone. You will make the Gilbert Prosecution’s job to convict you easy if you do not hire good legal representation. You need a strong criminal defense attorney to frequently defends charges in Gilbert AZ. They know the system, the protocol, the law, and the defenses that can be used to challenge the prosecutions case against you. Hiring a good private practice criminal defense or drug defense lawyer is your best shot at freedom. It is your best chance at getting a good outcome for your Marijuana sales charges. A good Scottsdale Marijuana Criminal Defense Attorney will make sure your get you fair treatment in court, make sure your constitutional rights are not violated, minimize the impact the charges can have on your life, challenge evidence for suppression, attempt to get charges reduced, and make every effort if possible to get your Marijuana Sales Charges dismissed.
A good private practice criminal defense or drug defense attorney who defends cases frequently in Scottsdale will gather and examine evidence; conduct their own independent investigate; interview witnesses; utilize experts if necessary, find out if any of your constitutional rights were violated, and determine which of many defenses can be used based on the circumstances surrounding your charges. Most criminal attorneys, who defend drug charges in Scottsdale AZ, provide a free consultation. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain from a free consultation. Think of it as your first step to fighting for your freedom and getting a second chance.
The Law Office of James Novak provides Criminal defense in Scottsdale Arizona 85250 85251 85252 85254 85255 85256 85257 85258 85259 85260 85261 85262 85266 85267 85271.