10 Things People Are Talking About
Article by: James Novak, Phoenix DUI and Criminal Defense Attorney
According to announcements made by ADHS, over 1300 people commented on the initial draft posted by ADHS December 17, 2010. The initial comment period has ended, they are currently being considered. New rules will be available for comment on January 31, 2010, to February 18, 2011. Following the next comment period the final Rules package are scheduled to be completed and published March 28, 2011.
Of those comments on the initial draft rules, here were the 10 most talked about issues:
1. Patient-physician relationship requirements;
2. Adding more medical conditions, illnesses, and diseases to the list of those who will qualify;
3. Fees and how those with limited income can gain access;
4. Patient/caregiver cultivation mileage rules;
5. The 70% dispensary self-production and cultivation requirements;
6. Dispensary Registration Certificate approval process;
7. The requirement that each dispensary having an official medical director;
8. Medical Director Qualifications, in that the qualifications be liberalized to include more and various types of medical professionals;
9. Dispensary applicants requirement of a 2 year residency rule;
10. Cultivation facilities licensing requirements with an associated dispensary.
All comments on the initial draft are available and posted on the ADHS website. The public will get their next chance to comment on January 31, 2011 when the second draft is posted. The ADHS has expressed their commitment to considering all constructive comments. So a word to all those with concerns or interests in the Arizona Medical Marijuana Rules, don’t pass up your opportunity to let your voice be heard.