Criminal Justice Article by: James Novak, Scottsdale DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney
All criminal courts in Arizona have standards of etiquette one must follow when attending. Below are the standards adopted by Scottsdale City Court:
1) Dress Code: While most attorneys will appear in suits, you do not need to dress formal. However, clothing should be clean and fitted. Shirt and shoes are required.
All hats and caps must be removed before entering the courtroom.
2) All pagers, cell phones or other mobile devices must be turned off inside the courtroom.
3) Refrain from texting, shuffling and reading newspapers, or pages of books. They can cause distraction in the courtroom.
4) Food, drink, and all weapons are strictly prohibited in the building. They should be left at home, in auto or somewhere else outside the building. They can not be stored in the building.
5) The court asks that you take a number from the ticket dispenser, located in the lobby, as soon as you enter the building to allow for timely help on numerical basis.
Note: If you are unsure about a particular item or scenario that is prohibited or allowed, it is best to call in advance to avoid delays in the proceedings for which you plan or are required to attend.
Below is Scottsdale City Court Address and Phone number:
3700 North 75th Street
Scottsdale, AZ 85251