What You Should Know about Outstanding Arrest Warrants in Gilbert
“Get Your Gilbert Arrest Warrant ‘Quashed’ (cancelled) by Retaining a DUI or Criminal Attorney who Defends Charges in Gilbert AZ”
Gilbert Arrest Warrants
Do not ignore an outstanding Gilbert AZ arrest warrant. It is a very serious matter. Whether you are at work, home, school, outside of Gilbert or even Arizona, it is a matter of “when” not if you will be arrested. Arrest Warrants put simply gives police the legal authority to detain and arrest you for a criminal, DUI, or other violations of the law that you are being accused of, and have not yet taken care of in the eyes of the police and court.
Length of Time a Gilbert Arrest Warrant Remains Outstanding
Indefinitely. Arrest Warrants will stay outstanding until taken care of. Arrest Warrants don’t just go away by themselves. Don’t bother trying to wait it out. In Arizona there are no expiration dates on outstanding arrest warrants. Some defendants are arrested decades later after being stopped for a minor traffic infraction. Sooner or Later, you will be arrested. If you have a warrant it will remain outstanding until either the bond is posted or the judge decides to “quash” or cancel it. The judge may require a bond be posted before canceling the warrant. So it is best to be make arrangements in advance to post a bond for your court appearance.
How to Find Out if you Have a Gilbert Arrest Warrant Outstanding
There are a variety of ways to find out if you have an outstanding warrant for your arrest in Gilbert. But the fastest, safest, most reliable way is to consult a Gilbert criminal defense lawyer or Gilbert DUI lawyer. A Criminal defense Attorney who defends charges in Gilbert will conduct a thorough search via accessible legal resources. They will advise you of the most accurate, current information available. Upon Retention they can also guide you through the steps that will benefit your defense the best, as well as build an effective defense for the initial and current charges.
Types of Arrest Warrants in Gilbert AZ
There are two types of specific “arrest” warrants:
• Police Arrest Warrants: These are arrest warrants issued by Police or Law Enforcement Agencies, in order to detain or arrest someone. An arrest warrant can be issued when police feel they have sufficient evidence to suspect a crime was or is being committed and that person was involved in the crime. Refer to A.R.S. Criminal Code Title 13 – Beginning with Article 7, 13-3881
• Bench Arrest Warrants: These are warrants issued by the Gilbert Court Judge. A bench warrant is issued when a defendant fails to appear for their scheduled court time and date for the initial criminal or DUI matter. There are a many reasons why a person may have failed to appear in court, some better than others. None the less, it is in your best interest to retain a Gilbert DUI lawyer or Gilbert criminal lawyer who can “tell your side of the story”. They will be able to present compelling arguments, through the proper legal channels in your defense regarding the initial charges and reason for outstanding arrest warrant if it was due to “failure to appear” Reference A.R.S. Criminal Code Title 13-2506 Failure to appear in the second degree; classification 13-2507 Failure to appear in the first degree; classification…”
Defense Options for Outstanding Warrants for Arrest in Gilbert AZ
1) Pay the bond amount set by the judge. Once you pay the bon, the warrant will be quashed. You will then be given a new court date if the warrant is for failure to appear. If you miss your court date again, or cause further delays, the court will frown upon this with more severe penalties for both the initial DUI or criminal matter as well as the “failure to appear” charges. You must appear on the new scheduled court date if you have not hired a Gilbert Criminal Defense Lawyer. They have been able to negotiate alternative more favorable arrangements or can get the warrant quashed all together.
2) Appear before the judge during a “Walk-in Docket”. Gilbert Court usually provides a daily time for defendants who need to make unscheduled court appearances. Unscheduled appearances are heard only at specified times available by the Gilbert AZ Court. In the least you should consult a Gilbert AZ criminal attorney to discuss your matter and how to proceed before you appear at a “Walk-in Docket” unrepresented.
3) This is the best way for you to handle an outstanding arrest warrant: Retain a private practice Gilbert criminal attorney or Gilbert DUI lawyer as soon as you can. Early retention is the key to a successful defense for any charges. It is at this point, your Defense Attorney will have the most leverage to tailor a defense strategy and exercise your defense options. Your Gilbert criminal lawyer will confirm the facts, and if retained, can file a Motion to quash your warrant. At that point they can also begin tailoring a solid defense strategy for your Gilbert Criminal or Gilbert DUI charges.
This blog and commentary has been posted for general public informational purposes only. All articles by this author are intended to raise awareness and generate discussion on a variety of Arizona State Law issues and topics. Note that Arizona legislation, laws, and bills are often presented and changing. If you have a criminal or DUI defense matter related to this topic, it is important that you consult or hire an Arizona criminal or AZ DUI lawyer in the jurisdiction or municipality of Arizona where you received your charges for up to date information.
If you have an outstanding warrant for arrest in Arizona or have been arrested in Maricopa County for AZ DUI other criminal charges contact the Law Office of James Novak, for your Free Consultation at (480) 413-1499. Speak directly with experienced Arizona criminal Defense and DUI Defense Attorney and James Novak (Former Prosecutor). The Law Office of James Novak is devoted 100% to defending DUI, Drug & criminal charges in valley wide within Maricopa County including Tempe, Scottsdale, Mesa, Phoenix, Chandler, Tempe, Gilbert Arizona, East Valley, AZ and surrounding cities in Phoenix metro area.