“Not all arrests for disorderly conduct charges are lawful. Don’t plead guilty before consulting an experienced criminal lawyer who defends disorderly conduct charges in Gilbert”.
Disorderly Conduct Charges Gilbert AZ
“Disorderly conduct” or “disturbing the peace” charges are common in Gilbert AZ. But just because they are common, does not make them less serious. A good criminal defense attorney who defends Gilbert Disorderly Conduct Charges will be the first to tell you, not to ignore these charges. If you ignore them or fail to appear at your designated court date, a warrant will be issued for our arrest.
Like any arrest or criminal charges, they are not always lawful or justified. But the person arrested for disorderly conduct now faces criminal charges, and will need to get the criminal matter resolved or face potential serious consequences if convicted.
Penalties for Disorderly Conduct in Gilbert AZ
Circumstances surrounding the Disorderly Conduct charges will weigh heavily on the classification for which the conduct will be charged. A large number of these charges are classified as Class 1 Misdemeanors. Class 1 Misdemeanors are the highest level of AZ Misdemeanors. Class 1 Misdemeanors will expose you to six months of incarceration and $2500.00 fines if convicted.
Class 6 Felonies are charged if the disorderly conduct involves a firearm. Disorderly Conduct Felony sentencing includes maximum penalties of up to one year in state prison, fines and fees, and a felony criminal record.
Arizona Disorderly Conduct Laws
Arizona Disorderly Conduct Laws are found in Title 13 of Arizona Criminal Code ARS 13-2904. An outline and summary of the law is shown below:
A person can be charged with disorderly conduct when the following applies to their conduct:
1) “With intent” someone disturbs another person, business, or other entities’ peace: or
2) “With knowledge”, of their actions, a person engages in the following behavior (s):
• Fighting; or other disruptive behavior;
• Loud music or other disruptive noise especially late evening or early am hours;
• Using offensive, disturbing, abusive language or gestures that provoke immediate retaliation by another party;
• Disruption or disturbance that lasts for an extended period of time;
• Disrupting person (s) with the intent to prevent or distract them from engaging in a lawful meeting or gathering;
• Disobedience of a lawful order to dismiss, evacuate or remove one’s self from a premises or area, for purposes of public safety; imminent danger; fire, flood, or other hazard or emergency;
• Unlawful discharge of a firearm; reckless display of a gun or other dangerous weapon.
Criminal Defense for Gilbert AZ Disorderly Conduct Charges
Good criminal attorneys who defend criminal charges in Gilbert AZ challenge disorderly conduct charges frequently. They often can get them dismissed due to their subjective nature of disorderly conduct charges. Depending on the circumstances, many effective defenses can be used by good criminal defense lawyers to challenge unjust disorderly conduct charges. You should contact a criminal lawyer who defends disorderly conduct charges in Gilbert before pleading guilty to these charges. They will discuss your charges and provide you with your defense options.
If you “Like” this article please let us know! Feel Free to “Share”!
If you have been arrested; face active Arizona criminal or DUI charges, or have an existing warrant for your arrest in Maricopa County for Arizona DUI, DWI, drunk driving, drug or any other criminal charges contact the Law Office of James Novak, for your Free Consultation at (480) 413-1499. James Novak, experienced Arizona criminal Defense and DUI & Criminal defense Attorney, James Novak will speak with you directory concerning your charges, and provide you with defense options. James Novak is an experienced trial lawyer and former prosecutor.
The Law Office of James Novak is devoted 100% to defending DUI, Drug & criminal charges in valley wide within Maricopa County including Maricopa County Defense AZ, Scottsdale AZ, Tempe AZ, Phoenix AZ, Chandler AZ, Maricopa County Defense AZ, East Valley, and surrounding cities within the Phoenix metro and Maricopa County Area