Article by: James Novak, Phoenix DUI and Criminal Defense Attorney
You could say the ADHS is not letting any “grass” grow under their feet. By their actions, they are taking their responsibilities very seriously. The Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) is making great strides toward regulation and implementation of the new Arizona Medical Marijuana Act. ADHS posted their official information to the public on their website including the initial draft of the Rules on line, and an official time-line regarding for the medical marijuana governing regulatory system.
You can find comprehensive news and updates at the Arizona Department of Health Services website regarding the Arizona medical marijuana law’s progress for implementation. You can also post your comments and input regarding the initial draft rules. The following time-line for bench marks is being cited from the ADHS website as it applies to Maricopa County, Phoenix-Metro, and Phoenix East Valley residents:
• December 17, 2010: ADHS posted an initial informal draft of the Rules;
• December 17, 2010 – January 7, 2011: ADHS receives informal (electronic) public comment on the initial informal draft rules
• January 31, 2011: ADHS posts official draft Rules for public comment
• January 31, 2011 – February 18, 2011: ADHS receive public comment on a revised draft of the Rules
• February 14 – 17, 2011: ADHS will hold two public meeting about the draft Rules in Phoenix as follows:
1) Phoenix: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 1:00 pm, 250 N. 17th Ave Phoenix AZ
2) Phoenix: Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 1:00 pm, 250 N. 17th Ave Phoenix AZ
• March 28, 2011: ADHS publishes the final Rules that will be used to implement the Act
• April 2011: ADHS begins to accept applications for registry identification cards and for dispensary certificates
If you have been arrested in Maricopa County for AZ DUI other criminal charges contact the Law Office of James Novak, for your Free Consultation at (480) 413-1499. Speak directly with experienced Arizona criminal Defense and DUI Defense Attorney and James Novak (Former Prosecutor). The Law Office of James Novak is devoted 100% to defending DUI, Drug & criminal charges in valley wide within Maricopa County including Phoenix, Mesa, Tempe, Scottsdale, Chandler, Tempe, Gilbert Arizona, East Valley, AZ and surrounding cities of Phoenix metro area.
This news article is intended to provide general information only, to generate discussion, and increase awareness of a particular topic. It is not intended as specific legal advice. You should not rely upon this information alone, but should consult legal counsel regarding the application of the laws and regulations discussed and as applied to your specific case or circumstances.