A Tempe “Felony DUI” is also known as “Aggravated DUI”. If you’ve been arrested or charged with a Felony DUI (Driving under the Influence) in Tempe, AZ the best thing you can do now is to consult a good Tempe, AZ, Criminal Defense Attorney or Felony DUI Defense Attorney who defends cases frequently in Tempe Court. Any Tempe DUI charge is serious. But Felony DUI convictions are even more serious, and can have long lasting adverse consequence on your future, freedom, job, finances, family, driving privileges, and more.
A Tempe Misdemeanor DUI is elevated to a “Felony DUI” when certain aggravated circumstances surround your DUI charges that include the following:
Paraphrased citations from A.R.S. 28-1383
• DUI with a motor vehicle accident that results in bodily injury or significant harm to another person or persons.
• DUI manslaughter – When the DUI and Auto accident results in a fatality of another person or persons.
• Your third DUI conviction within 7 years
• DUI while driving with a suspended or revoked license
• Drunk driving or driving impaired due to alcohol or drugs, with a minor, age 15 or under, in the vehicle.
Tempe Felony DUI Penalties | Arizona Laws – Arizona Revised Statutes
Tempe AZ Felony DUI Penalties can include as cited under Aggravated DUI A.R.S. 28-1383 and A.R.S. § 28-1383, up to 10 years. A.R.S. §13-902(B) the following:
• Extended Jail or Prison up to 4 months, if you have no prior criminal record or felony convictions. If serious injury or a fatality has occurred, this sentencing will be significantly more severe the felony DUI conviction.
• Up to $150,000 plus 80% surcharge
• $1500 prison assessment
• Abatement fees
• Evaluation Costs
• Drug or Alcohol Treatment & Counseling Costs
• Probation and associated fees
• Driving Privileges may be revoked for up to 3 years
• Mandatory Court ordered Ignition Interlock Device added to your vehicle at your expense.
• Court ordered drug or alcohol rehab or counseling treatment, and their costs
• Mandatory Community Service
• Criminal Record to include a Felony
• Any other penalties the Court deems necessary and appropriate
DUI and Felony DUI laws are constantly changing in Arizona. Therefore, it is important to hire an experienced, highly qualified Tempe Criminal Attorney or Tempe AZ DUI defense Lawyer who defends DUI charges in Tempe Court frequently. Your criminal defense attorney must be well versed on the Arizona laws, Tempe Court, Protocol, and your constitutional rights. But most importantly, Felony DUI Attorneys must be extremely knowledgeable as to what defenses can be used to get the best possible outcome in your case for your Felony DUI charges in Tempe, AZ. You can find winning defense strategies referenced in Arizona DUI Winning Defense Strategies Book © and “101 Arizona DUI Winning Defenses” © written by experienced DUI Defense Attorney and prolific Arizona DUI defenses Author, James Novak. Keep in mind, that knowing what they are, are quite different than actually carrying them out effectively through the proper legal and court channels, filing motions, and presenting them to the prosecution. An experienced DUI Attorney does this on a daily basis throughout many courts in Arizona or Maricopa country, AZ. Issues or details that may seem minor to you, may actually be material and crucial factor that could lead to a dismissal of charges. A good DUI lawyer will recognize these types of factors and use them effectively in your defense.
There should be no “secrets” as to what your DUI Attorney is going to do, and how he or she will defend your case. Make sure you are comfortable not only with your DUI Lawyer’s abilities to defend your case, but that the DUI Attorney is highly motivated, proactive, and able to make enough time to provide you with an effective defense. The Attorney you choose to defend your Felony DUI in Arizona may mean the difference between getting a conviction and getting your charges dismissed. It may be the one of the most important decisions you make in a lifetime.
If you have been charged with any Arizona DUI, Extreme DUI, Repeat Offense DUI, Under age 21 DUI, DUI with child under 15 in vehicle, Aggravated Felony DUI, Drug, Felony Drug, Dangerous Drug, Narcotics, Marijuana, any Arizona DUI, Arizona Drug DUI, or any other criminal charge including theft, assault, aggravated assault, domestic violence, drugs crimes, probation violations, robbery, computer crimes, ID theft crimes, or any other criminal charges contact the Law Office of James Novak, for your Free Consultation at (480) 413-1499. Speak directly with experienced Arizona criminal Defense and DUI Defense Attorney and James Novak (Former Prosecutor). The Law Office of James Novak is devoted to handling 100% DUI, Drug & criminal cases in Tempe, Chandler, Scottsdale, Mesa, Gilbert, Phoenix Arizona and surrounding areas in Maricopa County valley-wide. This post was intended to provide general information only and is not intended as specific legal advice. You should not rely upon this information alone, but should consult legal counsel regarding the application of the laws and regulations discussed and as applied to your specific case or circumstance.