You Will Need A Good Criminal Defense Lawyer
Phoenix Laws DUI
A “Phoenix Felony DUI” is also considered an “Aggravated DUI” If you’ve been charged with Felony DUI (Driving under the Influence) in Arizona, the best advice you can get now is to contact an experienced Arizona Criminal Defense Attorney or Felony DUI Defense Attorney.
A Phoenix Misdemeanor DUI is elevated to a Phoenix Felony DUI under the following circumstances and paraphrased from A.R.S. 28-1383:
• DUI charges involving a motor vehicle accident which resulted in bodily injury or significant harm to another person, pedestrian, driver, or passenger in a vehicle.
• DUI manslaughter – When the DUI and Auto accident results in a fatality of another while you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
• You have been charged with your third DUI within 7 years
• DUI arrest while on a on a suspended or revoked driver’s license
• Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs impaired, and with a minor, in Arizona that is age 15 or under) in the vehicle you are driving.
Phoenix Felony DUI Penalties under Arizona Law- Arizona Revised Statutes
Phoenix AZ Felony DUI Penalties are cited under Aggravated DUI A.R.S. 28-1383 and A.R.S. § 28-1383, up to 10 years. A.R.S. §13-902(B):
• Four months in Jail or Prison, if you have no prior criminal record or felony convictions. Also this is subject to circumstances if serious injury or a fatality has occurred, this sentencing may be significantly harsher.
• Up to $150,000 plus 80% surcharge
• $1500 prison assessment
• $250 abatement fee
• Evaluation Costs
• Drug or Alcohol Treatment & Counseling Costs
• Probation and probation Fees
• Driving Privileges can be revoked for up to 3 years
• Court ordered Ignition Interlock Device for your auto once you qualify to get your driver’s license back.
Phoenix DUI and Felony DUI laws are constantly changing. The above laws and punishments are constantly changing. This is why it is so important to hire an experienced, highly qualified Arizona Criminal or AZ DUI defense Lawyer who defends cases often in Phoenix. That AZ DUI Attorney needs to be familiar with defending Felony DUI charges in the court jurisdiction where you were arrested. Your criminal defense attorney must be well versed on the Phoenix law, Courts, Protocol, how to use the Law and Constitution in your defense; But most importantly, they must be extremely knowledgeable as to what defenses can be utilized the most effectively based on your circumstances in an effort to get the ultimate best outcome in your case.
Many winning defenses are outlined in the Arizona DUI Winning Defense Strategies Book Series © which includes “101 Arizona DUI Winning Defenses” © written by experienced DUI Defense Attorney and prolific Arizona DUI defenses Author, James Novak. The Attorney you choose to defend your Felony DUI in Arizona may mean the difference between getting a conviction and getting your charges dismissed. It may be the one of the most important decisions you make in a lifetime.
If you have been charged with any Arizona DUI, Extreme DUI, Repeat Offense DUI, Under age 21 DUI, DUI with child under 15 in vehicle, Aggravated Felony DUI, Drug, Felony Drug, Dangerous Drug, Narcotics, Marijuana, any Arizona DUI, Arizona Drug DUI, or any other criminal charge including theft, assault, aggravated assault, domestic violence, drugs crimes, probation violations, robbery, computer crimes, ID theft crimes, or any other criminal charges contact the Law Office of James Novak, for your Free Consultation at (480) 413-1499.
Speak directly with experienced Arizona criminal Defense and DUI Defense Attorney and James Novak (Former Prosecutor). The Law Office of James Novak is devoted to handling 100% DUI, Drug & criminal cases in Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale, Chandler, Mesa, Arizona and surrounding areas valley-wide.
This post was intended to provide general information only and is not intended as specific legal advice. You should not rely upon this information alone, but should consult legal counsel regarding the application of the laws and regulations discussed and as applied to your specific case or circumstance.