How to find a Good DUI Lawyer in Chandler
“Hiring a good Chandler, AZ DUI Attorney can mean the difference between a DUI conviction and a dismissal of your DUI Charges.”
Chandler, Arizona is tough on DUI charges. Convictions carry some of the most severe penalties in the country. If you have been arrested for a DUI in Chandler AZ, you will need the best Chandler criminal defense attorney or DUI defense lawyer you can find. It is important that you find a DUI Attorney who defends DUI charges on a regular basis, and exclusively practices criminal defense and DUI defense. You also want to make sure they defend cases frequently in the court for which you must appear in Chandler, AZ. . Choosing a DUI Lawyer to defend your DUI charges may be one of the most important decisions you will ever face. Below are just a few facts you want to know before making the decision to hire a DUI Attorney. These excerpts have been cited from “Winning Arizona DUI Defense Strategies © Book Series”. Abridged versions of all three DUI Defense help books in he series can be downloaded by the public FREE of charge at www.arizonacriminaldefenselawyer.com
• Which Associate at your Firm will be my Attorney?
• Will I meet with my Attorney before my court date?
• How much work will my Attorney be putting into my case before my court date?
• Does my DUI attorney defend DUI and Criminal cases exclusively?
• Will you be the lawyer who is actually handling my case?
• Who is doing all the investigation on my case? Will you be the lawyer who shows up to court with me?
• Will you be switching lawyers on me?
• Can I meet my assigned lawyer before I agree to hire your firm?
• Will I be able to speak to you if I have a question or concern?
• What are the minimal and maximum sentencing potential of my criminal or DUI charges?
• What is it going to cost for me to hire you?
• Will I have additional court processing fees?
• Will I be responsible for fees incurred for lab retesting or expert fees?
• Does the Attorney charge by the hour or is it a flat affordable fee?
• Is the fee competitive as compared to what similar DUI Attorneys are hiring?
• Why are your fees so much higher than the other quote I received?
• Because your fee is higher does that mean you do extra work or are better skilled?
• What is the final total dollar amount I will have to pay? Is the initial amount a retainer? And is there more charges later?
• Do you charge a flat fee or by the hour?
• What is my stop/loss of fees?
• Will you negotiate a payment plan with me?
• Do I have to pay all up front?
• When will you begin the work on my case?
• Will you be giving me a copy of my fee agreement after me sign?
• How much experience do you have in defending DUI and Criminal Cases?
• What background do you have that qualifies you to handle my case?
• Have you ever been a criminal or DUI prosecutor? Where? How long?
• How much trial and litigation experience have you had?
• What training do you have with the issues involved in my case?
• How many cases like mine have you handled?
• How often do you handle this specific type of case?
• How often do you deal with this particular prosecutor?
• How often do you appear in this court?
• How often do you appear before this particular Judge?
• What is your current caseload?
• How long should I expect to wait to hear back from you if I have to leave a message for you?
Choosing the right attorney to defend your DUI or criminal charges may be one of the most important decisions you will make. Even the best Arizona attorneys who defend DUI cases in Chandler provide Free Consultations. Make sure you are talking with the actual attorney who will be representing you. As far as the questions, you have every right to ask any of these prudent questions that are important to you. If you are being made to feel uncomfortable that you are asking them, head for the exit door. If you can’t ask these questions now, either the answers are not in good, or you’ll find this a good indication, that you will have difficulty communicating with your attorney after you hire them too… but most likely worse. Communication plays a huge part in the success or failure of your defense.
If you have been charged with any Chandler DUI, Extreme DUI, Repeat Offense DUI, Under age 21 DUI, DUI with child under 15 in vehicle, Aggravated Felony DUI, Drug, Felony Drug, Dangerous Drug, Narcotics, Marijuana, any Chandler DUI, Chandler Drug DUI, or any other criminal charge including theft, assault, aggravated assault, domestic violence, drugs crimes, probation violations, robbery, computer crimes, ID theft crimes, or any other criminal charges contact the Law Office of James Novak, for your Free Consultation at (480) 413-1499. Speak directly with experienced Chandler criminal Defense and DUI Defense Attorney and James Novak (Former Prosecutor).
The Law Office of James Novak is devoted to handling 100% DUI, Drug & criminal cases in Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale, Gilbert, Mesa, Chandler Arizona and surrounding areas valley-wide.
This post was intended to provide general information only and is not intended as specific legal advice. You should not rely upon this information alone, but should consult legal counsel regarding the application of the laws and regulations discussed and as applied to your specific case or circumstance.